Friday, September 5, 2008

My Apartment, Community, and Grocery Shopping!

My Kitchen

Looking into the kitchen from my bed room

The window in my bed room. The frosted glass panel slides open, and then there's a regular window behind that that also slides open. Then there's a screened in porch out there, that also has sliding window panels. My neighbor and I share that porch. We're on the 2nd floor.

This is the sliding door that separates my kitchen from my living area.

My mini fridge and Microwave are in the living area. I have a TV but I don't have cable. It seems like wasted money to me, because all of the channels are in Korean and English CNN costs extra!

My computer table, bookshelf, nightstand, with new lamp and bed.


YES, I got all of those shoes into my suit case! I am the master of packing :)

My new red light lamp, lol!


That's me!

The hose attachment on the sink faucet is my shower head, and the entire bathroom is my shower stall. There's a drain in the middle of the floor for the water. And to the left by the sink is my washing machine and dryer combo, it's a 2-in-1 machine!




THIS IS WHAT MARCO LEFT ME IN MY SINK DRAIN. That basket sits inside of the drain to keep food from going into the drain. He must have not cleaned it ALL YEAR for it to get that bad!


I had to soak both of the sink drains in bleach overnight before I would touch them to wash them! GROSS!

These are the stairs to my apartment building. My building manager likes plants, they are all around the parking garage too!

The hallway to my apartment. Mine is the second one on the left. Apt #205!

This is the view out of my apartment floor window.

My Mail Box! #205- it's empty people! :)

This is one of the many hills I have to walk up to get to school!

Here's the entire hill, from the bottom.

This is private land by my school, I see a lot of different people planting and growing things out there each morning.

This is a view of the back of my school from the street. Thats the play area.

The front of my public school from the street.

The public school sits on this hill!

This is my office at the Catholic School.

The tea cabinet in my office. Very cool!


This is my desk.


I live on this street.


This is the park by my apartment.


This is a view of the Bay from Masan. We went there to apply for my alien registration card.


part of Masan.

Boats in the bay by Masan.


part of Masan.

Chusok is coming soon, and it's a very big holiday here in SK. The stores are going crazy selling gift sets. This gift set is $148, I don't know what those roots are from, but they better be pretty good quality to be that much money!

A gift set containing different varieties of sardines! YUCK. $47 for yucky fish!
These are PEARS! Look at how big they are!

Fish is really big here. No thanks.

Want to buy some squid?

Live lobsters and crab in the supermarket.


Happy Chusok! Here's a gift set with fish in it!

YUM... Octopus.

Grocery shopping in Korea is much different from grocery shopping in America!

They split these fish open, I don't know why...

These are bags of Squid jerky, kind of like beef jerky, but with Squid.

Awww, look at the friendly squid. Let's eat him!

The picture is blurry so I don't know if you can see it, but these are jars of dried baby shrimp, so small- those little black dots are their eyes! People just eat them like that, whole handfuls at a time!

And I saved the best gift set for last- $35 for a gift set of SPAM. yummy.

No comments: